Sunday, July 20, 2008

Personal Plumber



This morning Chuck went down to the basement to get some peaches that he had picked for breakfast. When he came back up he said it was a good thing that he had gone down because the mechanics room floor was full of water. A water heater was leaking. He turned off the hot water and swept the water to go down the drain as much as he could. Now that Sunday is just about over, he is in the basement again changing the leaking tank for a new one. He said that he bought a new one when he noticed a slow leak. He's been through this before. If the manufacturer would not have changed the type of connection fittings on the new one, he would have been done long ago.
It wasn't too bad doing without instant hot water for a day, but it will be nice to have it again.
If I ever have a thought that I could get along without my personal handyman, I quickly come to my senses. I can hardly make it through a day without having him fix or help with something. Men are so strong and so good to have around! I think I'll go do something nice for him.

3 comments:

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Well for goodness sakes.
Good job Chuck. I think Kenneth can fix anything and sometimes when he can't or doesn't want to, I just can't hardly believe it. I think I will keep him around slso, we did good on June 6 1970 :)
Now, if we can just find him a job.

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

And I'll get a job as a proof reader? (also)

Angie said...

Good job posting Mom! You are great at this, just like anything that you try and that you want to do!