Tuesday, September 16, 2008

ATV Trip

Following along the trail----see the highest light colored mountain top? It looks like the moon peeking out. It's a great ride to the top.


Well, the blog time says I posted at 2 this afternoon. It is now about 9:30pm and I haven't finished. I have discovered that you need to put your last picture on first, and the first one last, so they will be in order when finished. Learning how to sort and move them around will take me another day.
I want to get some current happenings posted so I am trying to catch up first. I have been tending 3 little darling granddaughters, one fine grandson, and a big golden retriever this afternoon so I haven't actually been sitting here the whole time. It was a fun afternoon at Emily's in Cheyenne. I'm using my new red Gateway laptop---which is another post subject.

The ATV trip starts at the bottom of this page.





If I had a map I would have known where I was.
A telegraph pole from days gone by.

My trusty horse Rincon. It registered 49 miles for this trip.
I'm so glad we were included in this scenic tour.
Almost to the crest. The elevation was so high that my 4 wheeler sputtered a little
Linda said that when we reached the top it would look like we were on the moon. Whew! It did.
Part way up the 11,000 + ft. www.bullionretreat.com/index_atvtrails.htm
Getting closer to the highest peaks. Bald aren't they?
About 3/4 of the way, I stopped to take a pix of the awesome view looking down over Marysvale. I can hardly believe we traveled that far and back in a day.

9 adults, 3 Rhinos, and 3 four wheelers. Lunch stop off the main road.
Outdoor museum display of the gold mining works.
Remnants of a gold mine site, just up the canyon from Marysvale.



Chuck & I and Laron & Linda and Lee & Klea stayed at the Cedar Mountain cabin Thursday night (Sept. 4th) and then Friday morning traveled to Marysvale to meet up with Karl & Terrie. Chuck & I had never been on the Paiute trails before, so it was an exciting experience for us.
This Pix is taken from the scenic lookout going up Cedar Mountain. The Forest Service is letting a fire burn as nature's way of making things better. Hope it doesn't burn out of control.

2 comments:

Charles said...

Great job! I'm glad I got to go on that trip with you!

Steffy said...

I love your blog! It was fun to come for the reunion. We had such a fun time. It's great to be able to keep in touch like this!