Friday, September 19, 2008

I Married A Farmer After All


When Chuck was a teenager he ran his family's Newcastle farm in the summer time, while his dad worked for the state road . He said he didn't want to farm for a living. Now he does it because he wants to. Well, sometimes he wants to and sometimes he does it just because the grass grows or he has to prove up on his water rights. This is one of his motorized Tonka toys that he plays on. He mowed the back field to clear off some weeds and elm trees .
Yesterday he worked on his grader in Lund and worked on one of the dirt airstrips. Today he flew and landed there .
I'm in Cheyenne with Angie--visiting Emily. Chuck is playing as fast as he can before I get home.

3 comments:

Charles said...

It's all true. Especially the part about playing! I will be glad when you get home though. Darin and his boys just left. They brought over a big load of rocks for our fountain.

Chuck

Meridy said...

Lookin' good on the tractor Chuck!

Shella said...

I'm glad to see that that fountain is getting done for my reception. ;) I'll help with any projects that need to be done-don't worry, I don't expect you guys to do all the work just because I want a reception here. Also, I realize that I'm probably not the reason you're working on the fountain-I'm not that self-centered.
Dad really did play a lot. He went to Lund almost every day that week.