Sunday, August 24, 2008

Evening Read




Chuck and I had a chance to relax outdoors in the evenings at the Marriott. After walking around the gardens, we sat on the back patio to watch the sunset and read.
The reading was great, but getting eaten by mosquitoes was the price we paid.
Here is a picture of our books.
The paperback Chuck read was a 1960 reprint of the 1933 original first paperback ever printed. Look it up here.
It looks like this is where the term Shangri-La began. He finished the book and really liked it.
I haven't finished my read yet--I'm on page 432. It's kind of funny switching back and forth with the B of M.
I told Chuck he ought to post the paperback info on his blog but he says he's too lazy. He's busy reading the owner's manual for my Enclave. It's pretty bad when these new cars are so complicated that we can't use the lighting system without reading the manual.

1 comment:

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Your blog background is cute, did you change it yourself, or did Meridy help you? I like it a lot!