Sunday, November 29, 2009

ROD RUN 2009



Thanksgiving Day is a happy day for Chuck.  He says that Thanksgiving is his 2nd favorite holiday.  I'm pretty sure it is because of the 10 am gathering of friends with motorized vehicles of the "Hot Rod" sort in our driveway to make a drive to and from Sand Hollow Reservoir.  This is the 7th year we have bundled up and paraded happily down the road.
Last year it rained on our parade-really--I took my car with a top and a heater.
I didn't take the jaunt the first year (2002).  It's pretty hard on a girl to take off on a lark while trying to provide a feast for a  hassle of hungry people.  The 2nd year I managed to get away to be the photographer for the group of 3 cars and 3 men. Now I've changed my ways and fix more food on Wednesday. I get up early Thanksgiving day so that I don't get left behind..  The roll dough rises mighty high while we're gone and the grandgirls help me roll it out and fill the pans as soon as we get home.
The turkey roasts almost by itself  and the family is great help to get the rest of the meal together.
This year we almost forgot the potatoes--but we filled that large pressure cooker in the nick of time.
Uncle Reed and Aunt Helen's families came.  We missed having Grandpa this year.  He usually makes the Dixie Salad .  Reed made a giant bowl and so did Helen so we had plenty.  Some traditions are set.
Helen's assignment is always the desserts when they come.
Dinner was scrumptious!  Hope yours was too! 
  We are so blessed!  There is so much for us to be thankful for.

4 comments:

Project Maniac said...

I thought the bowl of mashed potatoes I made was big this year. There is no comparison, your's wins. You must have a huge pressure cooker. I'm glad you guys had a nice Holiday.

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Can hardly believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone.
I am most grateful for my Family. It was so much fn to have 2 of ours home this year.
Your ROLLS make my mouth water.
Does a 4 Wheeler work as a 'Classic Car?'
I am thankful to read all of your blogs and so very thankful for you.
Hugs!!

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

The Rod Run grows every year! I wish my family could've been there, maybe next year? We really do have a lot to be thankful for. love you

Angie said...

Lori, that bowl was the roll dough, but we did have a lot of potatoes. Thanksgiving was great, I can't believe that it is over either, but the sooner we get it over with the sooner we can get back to summer. Thanks for letting us borrow the jeep.