Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


My Mom

I knew that my mom loved me and took good care of me but, now that I have grown up a little and have kids of my own, I can see better that my mom:



  • Was very patient with me and my brothers and sisters.


  • Put her life on hold to take care of us. (She coached softball, drove us to all kinds of practices and activities, and supported us in the things we wanted to do.)


  • Showed me how to be a smart shopper and be smart with money.


  • Spent a lot of time making sure we were fed, clean, and looked cute. (She made dresses for us that my girls wear now. She stained and painted and sewed a darling bedroom for me and Emily. She bottled loads of fruit and curled loads of hair. She made Halloween costumes that were not only the cutest then, but are still the cutest on the next generation.)


  • Really did want me to do things for my own good even though it would have been easier to do it herself or not at even at all. (i.e. piano lessons, 4H, and jobs around the house.)


  • Wasn’t being mean when she said “NO”. (A new girl at school invited me to sleep over at her house. My mom and Dad took me to her house to meet her parents. I didn’t stay to sleep over and later I knew it was because my mom loved me and wanted me to be safe.)


  • Taught me to work by EXAMPLE


  • Taught me not to judge other people and to look for the good in them. So many times when a negative thing is said about someone she will say something nice even when it is not easy.


  • Taught me to pray, serve the Lord and other people, and that family is the most important thing.


  • Loves me, and I love you Mom. I can only hope that my kids will someday love and admire me as much as I do you!

Love, Angie

2 comments:

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Angie,
I have to agree with you on the halloween costumes, they were a work of art. We were all pretty cute in the clown costumes!
emily

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

You are so right about the negative thing, (or not negative)
After Star Jones left "The View" I told her I was glad, that I really didn't like her much. And of course she said ""Oh, I do,"
An I told her, "I knew it, I knew you would say that!