Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Tribute to Cheryl

Here are a few things that I've noticed and love about Cheryl:

*She is extremely generous to the family, the community, and the church. (Chuck is too. :) ) She gives of her time, income, and talents.
*She is very gracious and patient. Whenever we come to visit or need a place to live (temporarily), we know that she always has a place for us at her house. She very patiently accepts my idiosyncrasies at these times.
*My family taught me about living within my means, Cheryl taught me about how, when, and where to find the bargain. When I first learned that Cheryl comes to Las Vegas to go to the dollar store, I was surprised. (If my family is going to come all the way to Vegas, they shop at the giant outlet mall and the like.) I now enjoy many a visit to the dollar store myself. Because of Cheryl's teaching and example, I now relish the shopper's high. My whole schema of money has changed in a positive way because of Cheryl's influence.
*Cheryl is very thoughtful. She is always finding little treasures from her shopping excursions for all of her grandchildren. She knows what each child would like, and keeps her eye out for them when she is bargain hunting.
*She spends time with each family member and helps them feel valued. She is good at gathering the family together.
*She seeks for the good in others. Once we were talking about how people often make mistakes (or something similar). Then Cheryl said something that we (Nate and I) thought was funny, but very profound, "We are all funny. We are all funny-wunny." We enjoy quoting that. It helps us to remember to not be annoyed with those around us. More importantly, it helps us to remember to try to love them.
*She is a very hard worker.
*She approaches trials with cheerfulness. When she recently injured her leg, she was positive and kept up her sense of humor, even though it must have been hard for her deal with because she is usually so very active.

Cheryl, you are someone who I aspire to be like. Hopefully I'll make it there someday. Thank you! You're the best!

2 comments:

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Meridy,
That's a lovely tribute. A special thanks to you for making the blog happen. You've done a great job! I agree, my mom is wonderful!!

Cheryl said...

Thank you so much for the Brag Blog and thanks too for for spending the time and talent to set up the page for me.
My page is the cutest I've seen!