Monday, May 26, 2008

Indiana Jones



My boyfriend took me to an exciting movie on this last night of the 3 day weekend. We didn't decide to go until we only had a few minutes to get there so we took the shortcut to Coral Cliffs Theater.
We got our tickets and since we didn't have time for supper, we splurged for the combo popcorn and drinks. It used to take 20.00 for 2 senior tickets ( you know they consider 55 and over senior--just like Ross)and a popcorn combo. Now it's $24.00 so it takes more than 1 $20.00 card. Next time I buy cards I'll have to buy some bigger ones. Anyway-- the fellow working the register used the 2 cards we gave him and didn't give either one back even though there should have been a balance. By the time it took to get that straightened out and we got into the theater, the movie was beginning and looking for empty seats took us to the 2nd row--up front and center.
When we sat down I had the thought that they shouldn't sell seats that close up. They turned out to be great seats. We didn't need glasses and we certainly could hear. The movie was exciting and it was fun to be out on a date.
This is my very 1st post--we'll see if it works. I'd like to include a movie picture, but I don't know how. This chick has lots to learn. I admire you girls that make such cute blog spots.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Good jod Mom! Now that you know how to post we won't be able to stop you! But at least if we read your blog we will know what you have been doing.

Nate said...

Yay!! You posted!! Good job! Was the movie good? Would you recommend it??

Meridy said...

Sorry! The above was really Meridy and not Nate. I gotta quit doing things like that! ;)

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Glad you had so much fun.
In the olden days, we used to go to St George to Dinner and a movie and pay the babysitter for $25.00.
Things change, and how did we get the age for "Senior Discounts?"
You are a great Blogger!

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Gosh Mom, I hope Dad doesn't find out about your boyfriend! You've inspired me, I think I'll get a babysitter and go out on a date this weekend. Aunt Venna Rae, that's when people paid babysitters $1.00 an hour to not only babysit, but do the dishes and clean up. I know, because I was a babysitter then. Yes, things have changed. Mom, I'm so happy that you posted on your blog, isn't it fun! I look forward to many more updates from you. MIss you and love you,emily