Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Mother

When I think of my Mother I'm reminded of:

* Eggs in a cup (a cooking skill that I've taught my own children)
* Handmade barbie doll and dazzle doll clothes
* My hand sewn sparkly red clogging costume
* Our fun family trips to Yellowstone
* Our fun family trip to Disneyland (that was an experience!)
* Yummy, chicken and rice! (I've never been able to duplicate it!)
* Tole painting
* A very creative mind (you got that trait from your mom)
* Hawaiian Rummy
* Sunday evening popcorn
* All day shopping trips
* Stocking up on sale items (I learned this from you)
* Wonderful weekends at the cabin together as a family
* You bringing my kitty (in a dress) to school for my spotlight
* You singing along with Dad to Puff the Magic Dragon
* You being so sweet to come and help when the twins were born (I couldn't have done it without you)
* You making us Mickey Mouse pancakes
* Your ablility to do things last minute and have it turn out excellent (you always pulled of the perfect birthday party with minimal resources and planning, I wish I had that talent! I remember Ryan's cowboy party where you turned the kitchen chairs upside down and used them as bulls to rope)
* As much as we all gagged when you and Dad would kiss and love on each other, I actually was happy to see that you loved each other
* You are very patient with all of the high energy, and high mess level grandchildren
* Sometimes I say things to my children(like "your name is going to be mud") and then I think where did that come from, then I realize, I'm turning into my Mother!
* You kept six busy kids happy and I never once felt like you didn't have time for me. I honestly don't know how you accomplished it!

I am so blessed to have you as my dear Mother! You've taught me so much, and I hope that I can be as much of a good influence on my children as you've been on me. I really, really love you! I'm forever grateful for all of the sacrifices you've made for me over the years. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate you and admire you. Happy Mother's Day
Emily

2 comments:

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

You girls, make me cry. In a very happy way. I hope some of her qualities have rubbed onto me.

Meridy said...

Of course they did Aunt Venna Rae! We love you too! ;)