Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Grandma Geneva Segler


I thought about Grandma Segler yesterday as it was her birthday, February 9th. Before we said prayers last night I told Chuck that the date was a fun one--02/09/2009. He said 2/09/1909?
I said no, 2009. Then it hit me--Grandma was born 02/09/1908. It was her 101st birthday!
Walter and Geneva lived their lives in La Verkin. I loved them so!
We should be very good to our grandparents--we don't have them forever in this life---maybe if we're nice, we'll have them forever again.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I thought that it was her birthday. I thought about her too. It will be a fun reunion to see parents with children and children and children etc.

Kristina said...

What fun it is to have our grandparents..so yes we should be nothing but NICE! I say all the time how lucky my kids are to have both grandparents so close and also great-grandparents! And are neighbors are another pair...

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Ok, I am crying.
I am so thankful that I have enough love to share.
The more people you love the more love you have.
It is amazing to me how you can love so much.