Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Old Enough to Enjoy Quartzsite

We finagled an invitation to be in a trailer-toting caravan group of friends to sunny Quartzsite, Arizona. We spent the Martin L King long weekend dry camped on BLM land outside of town. We had so much fun that we want to go again next year.
We spent Thursday night at Vidal Jctn at the Nevada/ California/Arizona border.
Friday morning we followed Karl until he saw a mile marker that he liked --then we turned off the highway; claimed our desert campsite; circled the trailers and set up. Leveling a trailer sure is easier than setting up a tent.
It wasn't long before we set out for town to see the sampling of seller's wares.
The weather was in the 70's.
We sat around the campfire every night and visited.
We had suppers and some other meals together and everyone pitched in with great food.
Now I'm struggling to get that newly gained 6 pounds off. Why is it possible to gain
6 pounds in 10 days and 2 weeks of dieting awards only a 2 pound loss???
Sunday after church-- relaxing after 2 days of heavy playing and shopping.
My 60th birthday! I entered a new decade. Watch out! It may happen to you someday.
We did not see the whole array of booths, but we walked miles and saw oodles.
After I saw Laron in his new hat, I took Chuck along to get one shaped for him.

We found that there really is Quartz there--Chuck picked up several pieces off the ground around the campsite.
On Monday morning 9 couples left for home. Chuck & I and Laron & Linda stayed spent the rest of the week in Quartzsite, Yuma and Havasu City.


4 comments:

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

You look darn good for a sixty year old! And you don't look like you gained a pound! I know why you spent your birthday there, it's so you wouldn't feel so old. You look and feel very youthful when you're surrounded by old folks.(I don't mean you dad!)

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Well, aren't you cute! I want to be that cute when I am 60. Love you

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Well, aren't you cute! I want to be that cute when I am 60. Love you

Angie said...

Looks like fun, no wonder you don't want to stay home and work for long. You do look great, I hope to look as great and get as much done when I am 60.
MaryJane wants to type.
uydd6edewhu6w0qwpqwswhshaais=q-wpo