Monday, February 9, 2009

Yuma

We drove from Quartzsite to Yuma (The lettuce capital of the USA) and checked into an RV park for a couple of nights. We splurged to be hooked up to electricity, sewer and water.


Laron and Linda took the prize for taking up the most parking spaces.
Hope our new Walmart will be landscaped this nicely.


Each RV parking pad had a little orange tree. Ours was loaded.
For part of our $45 a night we each picked one.

I thought the boys were ingenious in loading 2 Rhinos into 1 truck w/trailer.
It was 20 miles and $25 for each vehicle to enjoy the sand dunes.
The US border fence and patrol. Laron was asking if they know Jed Hirschi.
The guard told us about the activity over the fence and onto the freeway.
Linda reads her book every time the Rhino stops.
Did you know that a Rhino can climb a tree?
The dunes went on for miles and on both sides of the freeway.
The dunes are full of big bowls and tall steep hills that you could get stuck or lost in.
This is a picture of my riding buddy--he even let me drive for a while.
He says that I am so lucky---and I am!

4 comments:

Angie said...

You guys work hard and play hard! I think that it is great that you are seeing places. Next you will be off to see Mt. Rushmore, maybe when it warms up.

Cheryl said...

That's a great idea! Dad thinks it's off to Lund when it warms up.

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Where are you off to next?
Wherever it is you will have fun.

Steffy said...

You guys have been busy. Happy Birthday too!