Sunday, February 15, 2009

Whitney Pockets/Gold Butte

There are so many place to see and explore that are not very far away. Chuck has been with the scouts and friends to these interesting places, but I never had until last weekend. We turned off at the Bunkerville exit and traveled about an hour off the freeway.

We found this camp spot at the end of the paved road. Isn't it gorgeous?

Our handsome guide showing us the petroglyphs
One of many petroglyphs
What a sky! It was supposed to rain on us--but sprinkled only a little.
A view of Lake Mead is in this photo.

An old mine--I won't tell you if anyone went in exploring, but Linda and Lee and Drew and I didn't. The large rocks are a soft granite. I told Chuck I would like him to cut me some countertop out of it.

Big rock everywhere--looks like a medieval movie could be filmed there
Lake Mead picture stop.
We saw a large herd of wild burros. I wanted to bring a little one home.

Let us know if you want to go next time we go down a road like this.
We've got to get our grandkids down to play on these rocks!
They could really fill their pockets.


2 comments:

Meridy said...

BEAUTIFUL!

lol about exploring the mine!

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Next time we need to go.
Look like fun.