Friday, February 26, 2010

DENTAL ZAMORA



Several people from San Diego were going in and out of the office while I was there.  I talked to 2 men who said they always come to this office for their dental work.  They were driving a nice pick up so I thought they were credible.
I used my spy camera in the office today as I was waiting.



I know that Emily told me not to get crazy, but it was too late.  I got a recommendation from the Resort office for a dentist.  Monday I went for a consultation and after thinking about it over night, I went in the next morning without an appointment and waited about 45 minutes to get in to start getting my tooth fixed.
I've had a molar--Shella knows the tooth # but I don't---with a broken side.  The outside outside and filling was there but the  inside had been missing for at least a year.  I had gone to Dr. Howard to get it fixed and I can't remember why it didn't happen.  I think I was suppose to be deciding if I wanted anything else done too. Anyway, I have been thinking about trying out the South of the Border Dentists and this seemed like a great time. 
I told Dr. Zamora I thought I needed a crown. He said it would take a root canal---that's loads of fun----and then a rod into the bone (I'm not sure if that's right) and then a cap.  I didn't know I would need a root canal because the tooth was not bothering me.  I think I had been pretty lucky.  I really hate toothaches.
Dr. Fernando Zamora Carrillo told me it would be a total of US $ 420.00.  I found that it would need to be cash or check--who takes a check to Mexico?--.  I didn't know if I had enough money in my stash so I could not get started that day and I needed to say my prayers and think it over.  When I got back to the condo I counted my hidden money and came up with exactly $420.00 .  I thought that was a pretty good sign that it would be all right.
The root canal was great--really, for a root canal.  A women dentist did it. That was Tuesday.  It took from 10:30 to 1pm to get everything done except the crown.  They took molds of my teeth and everything fun.  Today I went in and he took about 40 minutes to precisely fit the porcelain crown.  It's the prettiest tooth in my mouth right now.
I am so glad I did it.  Having it done and so quickly is so good!


Now I can add this to the list of fun things to do in Rosarito if you ever want to come.

Friday is our last shopping day so if you need some Natural De Vanilla please let me know.

3 comments:

Shella said...

I'm going to our friendly U.S. dentist tomorrow morning. I'm not very excited about it---I wish it were just going to be a cleaning... What are you doing up so late? I thought you'd be going to bed early! Is there a big time difference between here and there? Zach and I love that you and Aunt Venna Rae are posting so much. It's fun to see what you're doing. :) Love you!

Shella said...

Alright, my visit to the dentist was good too. :) Really easy, actually...

Angie said...

I thought crowns took two weeks, they have a speedy lab.
Sad that your vacation is coming to an end but, we are excited to have you home. Love you!