Saturday, February 20, 2010

Rosarito--OLE!

First of all I want to tell you that all of  the Blogspot headers-dashboard and such on this internet connection are in Spanish!


We've got our passports--packed and ready to go!
7am we left Hurricane.
We drove all day and arrived in Rosarito about 4:15 pm.
Some of the drive was thrilling--it was like driving on a speedway. Lots of fast traffic and wonderful freeways. Of course I drove the speed limit.
I told the girls we were getting close to the border and they phoned husbands. The Mexico crossing came up so fast that the calls were short.
The Mexican border police gave us a green light and we drove right in. I did fine on the road until I turned left one turn too soon and missed the toll road. We went on the free road and saw some new scenery. Usually we see the Donald Trump Resort--this time we saw makeshift homes on the hills and tried to stop at all of the ALTO signs along the way. It was like being "up close and personal" in the outskirts of Tijuana.
We have the same condo that Chuck and I had in 2008 when I had a broken hip. The cobblestones are so much easier to navigate on with 2 good legs! Chuck was so good to me with wheelchair and crutches.
Anyway--we love #278. 2 bedrooms and 2 baths this year.



Our first excursion was to the Commercial Groceria. We love going to the bakery section and picking out things to try. We also loaded up on avocados, tomatoes, refried black beans, real tortilla chips and fresh torillas.
I tried to post last night from our little house, but the connection was bad and I gave up after too much time running back and forth from the bedroom I decided to wait until this morning in the clubhouse.

11 comments:

Charles Reeve said...

Great! Looks like you made it!

Meridy said...

Huzzah!

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Be safe! I hope it's nice and warm there. Have a great time.

Larsen's in Wyoming said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charles Reeve said...

I found 2 inches of snow here when I woke up.It is on the grass and the cars and on the roof. Like Emily, I hope it's nice and warm there. XOXO

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

It's warmer than Southern Utah this morning. Susan and LaRee went for a walk on the beach. The surf was high.
It's a little breezy--but oh such fresh salty air. Whoops--Venna is signed in and I'm not! Cheryl

Colleen said...

I hope you girls are having a great time!! Sisters are so much fun I love hanging out with mine...

Kristina said...

Fun, Fun!! Thanks for postin' My mom has Awesome sisters!!! Glad you all get to go play.... :-)

Charles Reeve said...

Thanks for the great post with a report an a picture from Mexico! We are all doing fine, even though we had a hail storm this afternoon, while the home teachers were here. XOXO

Angie said...

How exciting, all that great food and fun and games and beach and silver jewelry.

Angie said...

Live it up! Love U